"Evert is simply an outstanding facilitator. He knows how to keep crowds engaged and make complex information simple and relevant. He's able to seamlessly blend humor, fun, scientific research and powerful experiential exercises into a single workshop. I would without a doubt refer him to any team looking to boost their company culture."
Former SaaS Exec at Oracle
CEO and Founder of Involver (sold to Oracle)
"Evert brings his own unique skill set and range of experiences to the table in every interaction. He is able to share his abilities in social and emotional learningin ways that help individuals work with greater confidence, which can only lead to greater productivity and better teamwork. His blend of charisma, intellect and character is truly something special. I feel like I am speaking with the next Tony Robbins every time we meet."
VP of Business Development at ETM Electromatic
PhD EE, Princeton University
"Evert has a unique ability to help teams integrate social/emotional learning into their day-to-day work -- in a way that has real effects on the group's cohesion and effectiveness. Today's workplace is rapidly evolving. Teams that have a strong culture of inclusion and clarity have the advantage."
Cofounder at Innerspace
Harvard Graduate School of Education
"EVERT ZELAYA HAS AN ENERGY THAT IS BOTH INFECTIOUS AND INSPIRING, WHETHER WORKING ONE-ON-ONE OR LEADING A GROUP. HIS ABILITY TO GUIDE OTHERS TO MOVE PAST THEIR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BARRIERS IS A RESULT OF HOW MUCH HE CARES AND HOW MUCH HE KNOWS ABOUT THE DYNAMICS OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT. EVERT ALSO TRULY CARES ABOUT DELIVERING ON HIS PROMISE AND ALWAYS GOES THE EXTRA MILE TO IMPACT POWERFUL CHANGE FOR HIS CLIENTS."
Business Strategist, Entrepreneur Coach
CEO of Global Experts Accelerator
"I'D WORK WITH EVERT AGAIN IN AN INSTANT. HE IS A HIGH CHARACTER INDIVIDUAL THAT KNOWS HOW TO GET RESULTS. HIS EXPERIENCE IN CURRICULUM DESIGN AND FACILITATION ARE EXCEPTIONAL."
Former VP of Business Operations and Strategy at Hewlett Packard
Stanford Graduate School of Business
"EVERT CAME TO FOUNDERS SPACE AND OFFERED A WORKSHOP FOR OUR STARTUPS FOUNDERS. THE QUALITY OF CONTENT AND PROCESSES SHARED WERE OUTSTANDING. HE IS A VERY ENGAGING SPEAKER AND PROVIDED VALUABLE INSIGHTS TO HELP BREAK PSYCHOLOGICAL BARRIERS AND GAIN CONFIDENCE."
Cofounder at Founders Space Incubator and Accelerator
“Countless empirical studies show the significant impact of emotions on how people perform on tasks, how engaged and creative they are, how committed they are to their organizations, and how they make decisions. .....negative emotions such as group anger, sadness, fear, and the like usually lead to negative outcomes, including poor performance and high turnover.”
- Harvard Business Review
Emotional Intelligence Workshop
The Emotional Intelligence is designed to help entrepreneurs improve their inner game. Just like professional athletes, we will train your mind and body to unlock the confidence, peace and strength required to close that sale, manage your team, have that difficult conversation, or confidently express your ideas. Your state of mind has a direct correlation with your personal and professional life.
This is a full day workshop. You will:
- Develop your habits to maximize your Inner Confidence
- Honestly assess your own character to better impact others
- Break past your self-limiting beliefs
- Observe these lessons in action
- Cultivate your individual groundedness to combat the anxiety, nerves and fear present in your professional, and personal environments
- Manage your time and energy to make the most out of your daily life
- Understand how your current routines could be holding you back
Company culture matters
Company Culture Matters is fun, full of hilarity and employees will also get to know each other on a deeper level. This is a one day workshop that intricately mixes fun games with powerful experiential exercises that will dramatically improve your company culture.
Today's workplace is rapidly evolving. Creating an optimal work environment goes beyond catered food, transportation shuttles and adjustable desks. It requires creating a feeling of freedom and support-- a place where everyone feels safe being themselves. We redefine what it means to work on a team.
Along with fun and games, this one-day workshop will cover:
- How vulnerability increases productivity
- Having difficult conversations
- How to be mentally agile with emotions in the workplace
- Efficient communication
- Main tenets of "Psychological Safety"
- How Emotional Intelligence can take your personal and professional life to another level
- How to maintain an optimal work environment
- Learning the main ingredients for a negative and unproductive work environment
As mentioned before, this is an experiential workshop. We invite employees of all levels to join- especially executives, directors and upper-level management.
Consulting and Coaching
Executive Team Consulting
Just because you have a team of highly intelligent people, doesn't mean your company is destined for success. Time and time again, I've seen founders and executives hinder themselves from their goals and bottom line. Having a team that can take risks, feel safe to be vulnerable, identify and regulate emotions and navigate from conflict to execution, will take your company to new heights. I guide executive teams to communicate efficiently.
- Clarify any confusing messaging among your team
- Identify any issues with politics, morale, productivity, and turnover
- Create an environment where your team feels safe to share their honest opinions
- Implement new communication models
- Create a sense of trust with your team
- Create team chemistry from the top down
- Create new team/company routines that will positively impact your bottom line
Demo and VC Presentation Consulting
Many people have an idea or product that can be revolutionary. Your ability to eloquently and efficiently communicate your vision can literally make or break your business. With Presentation Consulting, I work with founders and teams to maximize the effectiveness of their presentation and message.
- Create a presentation style that feels natural to you
- Trim any slides or text that loses momentum in your pitch
- Utilize the power of storytelling to strengthen your message
- Use powerful visualization techniques to mentally prepare you and increase your confidence
- Make sure who says what. VC's hate it when teams stumble over each others words
- Omit any bad habits you have while presenting
- Focus on regulating your emotions if the unexpected occurs
Evert is currently the Head of Training and Development for SVAcademy, an innovative education technology company backed by Bloomberg and senior executives from the largest software companies.
He has over a decade of experience in leading workshops on Mindset, Social and Emotional Learning, and Sales. He has spoken to over 100,000 people throughout the world and has worked with top performing employees from companies such as Google, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Yahoo along with early stage founders.
Typically, tech founders focus on areas such as product development, scaling, marketing, and operations - for good reason. Unfortunately, areas such as leadership development, team communication and company culture get little to no attention. Evert started facilitating workshops in Silicon Valley because he felt corporate trainings, along with personal coaching, lacked a humanistic approach. Being able to identify and regulate your emotions has a direct correlation to company success. Evert’s workshops are highly engaging and have real world application at every step. He minimizes his instruction time to give you more time to practice and implement.
Evert lives in the Peninsula with his amazing wife and has a healthy obsession with anything potato based.